So today I got a little side tracked looking for cooking blogs when I was going to work on a quilt. Guess you know how easy that can be “right”. I found all kinds of recipes that looked so good and I am so full from tasting all the delicious foods and of course we can not leave out the sweets too. Are you ready to do some tasting, just follow me here we go!
Rebekah over at Family,Food, and Fun made some awesome Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Cupcakes and the cakes were good too and looked so pretty!
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each lined cup.
2. With an electric mixer on medium high speed, beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Gradually add sugar and beat until combined. Beat in vanilla.
3. Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time, beating to combine and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in sour cream and salt. Stir in chopped cookies by hand.
4. Divide batter evenly among cookie-lined cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set, about 22 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours (or up to overnight).
5. In a microwavable bowl, melt the chocolate chips, butter, and milk. Spread about a teaspoon on top of each cheesecake cupcake and chill until set.
Chelsey with Time For Supper is fixing up a Hash Brown Breakfast casserole for everyone. I don’t know about you but I love to have breakfast for dinner.Click on on of the links to get the recipe. That was so good! What did you think?
During the summer months I like to eat a lot of different kinds of salads. . Blog Chef.net has some great cold salads that are really tasty. So mix one up and give it a try.
1 (7 ounce) package rotini pasta noodles (cooked and drained)
8 slices bacon (cooked until crispy and crumbled)
1 cup mayonnaise (or salad dressing)
¼ cup lemon juice concentrate
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons chicken flavored instant bouillon
1 large tomato (seeded and chopped)
¼ cup green onions (sliced)
4 cups lettuce (thinly sliced)
Step 1: In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, chicken flavor instant bouillon, and sugar. Mix well until smooth.
Step 2: In a serving bowl add noodles, bacon, tomato, and green onions, Toss with dressing. Stir in lettuce right before serving.
(Makes 10 Servings)
The other salad is a Crab Salad which is really good too.
2 cups uncooked medium shell pasta (or macaroni)
1 ½ cups imitation crab meat (chopped)
½ cup green pepper (diced)
½ cup cherry tomatoes (quartered)
¼ cup green onions (chopped)
shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
½ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup creamy Italian salad dressing
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
Step 1: In a large pot cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Place pasta in a large bowl. Stir in crab, green onion, cherry tomatoes, and green pepper. Add shredded cheddar cheese if desired.
Step 2: To make the dressing- in a small bowl combine mayonnaise, creamy Italian dressing and parmesan cheese. Mix until well blended and smooth. Pour over salad and toss gently to coat.
Step 3: Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours before serving.
(Makes 4 Servings) note: when I make the two salads I use low fat mayo and low fat salad dressing too.
I hope that everyone had a yummy time tasting the different kinds of food with me. Well I guess I had better go get some quilting done before the day is gone. Can’t wait until I can post the quilt that I have been working on.
Your friend……. Sharon