This dish is full of flavor and makes a perfect potluck dish. Just mix all the ingredients together and you have a casserole dish.
- 2 pounds ground round
- 4 cups diced onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium green peppers, diced
- 4 cups diced celery
- 3 cups medium egg noodles cooked and drained
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce of your choice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces low- fat condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (8 ounces) picante
- 1 jar (5-3/4 ounces) stuffed olives, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
In a dutch oven, brown meat, onions, and garlic; drain. Add remaining ingredients except cheese; mix well. Cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour or until hot and bubbly. Then sprinkle with the cheese just before serving. Because this recipe makes 20 servings I will usually freeze part of the casserole.
Note: You do not have to use a dutch oven. I use a large saucepan and then transfer mixture to a casserole dish.