I thought you may want to know what is for supper. This evening I am making a Beef and Macaroni Casserole and it is so easy to make and very tasty. So come on in the kitchen, and put on an apron ,and lets get started making the dish.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni or small shells, cooked, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound of extra lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) tomatoes, undrained, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 2 1/2 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
Add the the Cajun seasoning, tomatoes, and tomato paste. Stir to blend well and bring to a simmer.
Cook pasta according to directions on package.
Stir in the cooked and drained macaroni and 2 cups of the shredded cheese, along with salt and pepper, as desired.
Next, transfer to a lightly greased 13×9- inch baking pan. If you would like, the casserole may be refrigerated for a few hours overnight. Refrigerating overnight allows the flavors to come together.
Bake the covered casserole in a 350 degree oven for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. If the casserole is refrigerated overnight, it may take longer. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and cook uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes. The casserole will serve 6 to 8 people.
A tossed salad and garlic bread complement the main entree well. I hope everyone enjoyed there supper this evening. See next time!