Good morning everyone! I thought I would share this recipe with you. I made this for dinner last night and it was good. If you like you can serve over rice.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 9 hours
Total Time: 9 hours, 15 minutes
* 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 2 stalks celery
* 1 large Granny Smith Apple, cut into chunks
* 1 large carrot, sliced
* 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat, and cut into chunks
* 1/2 cup apple cider
* 3/4 cup fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
* 1/2 tsp rosemary
* 1/2 tsp sage
* Freshly ground black pepper
Spray the inside of a 3-4 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Lay vegetables on the bottom of the crockpot, followed by pork. Pour apple cider and chicken broth over the pork and vegetables, and add herbs. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours. To thicken the juices, make a cornstarch slurry from 1/4 cup cornstarch and a 1/4 cup water, and stir into the stew about half an hour before serving.